I love, love a good soup! I've been seeing on Instagram that February is the month of love (I guess because of the Valentine's Day), so why not share something I love? I decided on one of my favourite heart warming and delicious soups. This one has lots of extra yummy veggies and spices. More than perfect for colder, rainy, winter days. Or just any other day. :)
Like usual, the recipe is not the most accurate one because I always make it up as I a go. I cooked the following ingredients in a 3 litre pot and I used about 2 liters of water (something like that).
Warming Winter Soup
- 1 onion,
- few cloves of garlic,
- 3 potatoes,
- 1 carrot,
- 1/2 bell pepper,
- 2 tbsp of peas,
- a handful of cauliflower,
- a handful of broccoli and
- a can of beans (I used white beans here, but red beans work great as well).
You'll also need:
- 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil,
- salt and black pepper to taste,
- 1-2 tsp homemade vegetable bouillon,
- 1 tsp tomato paste,
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce,
- 1 tsp sweet paprika,
- 1/2 tsp turmeric,
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper and chili,
- 1/2 tsp cumin and
- 2-3 bay leaves.
1. Chop up all the vegetables and thoroughly rinse the beans so they don't give you digestive problems.
2. Add coconut oil to a cooking pot and sauté your onions. Add chopped garlic, potatoes, carrot, bell pepper and peas. Stir them for a few minutes and then add water and bay leaves. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes add the seasonings, beans, cauliflower and broccoli. Cook for another 10 minutes on low heat. After that check if the potatoes are cooked and if they are, your soup is finished. Bon appétit!
*there is no right or wrong when it comes to this soup, you can mix and match the vegetables you like, you can skip the beans, add pasta, more spices, what your little heart desires :)