I wanted to share one of my favorite cookie recipes with you. These cookies are vegan, delicious, healthy, yummy, sugar free and just oh so good. Not gonna lie, some healthy foods don't taste all that good, but these cookies are definitely not in that category! You will have to make them and then you'll know what I'm talking about.
For these cookies you'll need:
- 1 banana,
- 1 cup of dates (soak them in water for at least 15 minutes),
- 2 tbsp of peanut or almond butter,
- 3/4 cup of almonds and
- 3/4 cup of oats.
1. Add almonds and oats to a food processor and make flour (gluten free if you're using gluten free oats). Transfer into a mixing bowl.
2. If you don't have peanut butter you can easily make it yourself. Use around 3 - 4 tbsp of peanuts to make 2 tbsp of peanut butter. Add them to a food processor and pulse for a few minutes. Maybe you will also have to scrape down the sides of a bowl and then pulse some more. Once the butter is made, transfer it into a separate cup.
3. Add dates to a food processor and pulse until small bits remain. Add banana and peanut butter and mix till combined. Pour into the bowl with flour.
4. Mix everything together and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Preheat your oven to 175°C.
5. Form little balls and then squash them to form little discs. You can also make little thumb prints that you can fill with melted chocolate, like I did.
6. Bake for 12 -15 minutes. If they are underbaked it's totally fine, they will taste even better! You could also eat them raw so you really don't have to worry.
Now go and bake these cookies, you won't regret it!
Have a happy Sunday!
**Recipe found on Minimalist Baker. <3